“God Only Knows“
We continue to march through the off-season of Game of Thrones…..
Today, I welcome back Timm Hines and John Marius to walk me through the complicated world of religion in the TV show.
Red Gods/Drowned Gods/Old and New Gods…..we discuss them all!
On the docket today:
1. How does religion effect the story and the characters?
2. Curses and blessings
3. The Old Gods of the North
4. Drowned Gods and New Gods
5. Believers vs. Non-Believers
6. There’s a New God in town!
7. The Brotherhood with a Banner?
8. Stannis Baratheon: The Chosen One?
9. Melisandre: The religious femme fatale
10. Is there a difference between religion and magic?
Martin bravely makes religion a cornerstone of the story, but even braver, he shades and tweeks it in both ironic and unexpected ways.
There is a power out there in the story….what is its source? Magic or a God?
The answer to this question may very well affect the entire story…..and for that reason alone, it should be at the top of all our lists!